- BC82 Neodymium Magnets, 3/4" x 1/2" x 1/8" thick
- RY04Y0 Neodymium Magnets, 2" od x 1/4" id x 2" thick
- RX033CS-S Neodymium Magnets, 1" od x 3/16" thick with countersunk hole for #10 screw
- MMS-D-Y8 Standard Mounting Magnets
- SBX0X06-OUT Neodymium Magnets, 1" length x 1" width x 3/8" thick, with step OUT
- BX064 Neodymium Magnets, 1" x 3/8" x 1/4" thick
- DB2 Neodymium Magnets, 11/16" dia. x 1/8" thick
- B333 Neodymium Magnets, 3/16" x 3/16" x 3/16" thick
- Magnetic Motor Parts - DZ Series Inner Rotor
- DY8X0-N52 Neodymium Magnets, 2 1/2" dia. x 1" thick
4 Differences Between Neodymium Magnets And Samarium Cobalt Magnets
The term rare earth magnet is a general term that refers to magnets that are made from alloys of rare earth elements, typically either NdFeB or samarium cobalt(SmCo).
Both of these rare earth alloys are manufactured by a powdered metal process, but the resulting magnets have several distinct differences.
Some of the differences between neodymium rare earth magnets and samarium cobalt rare earth magnets include:
1. Neodymium iron boron rare earth magnets are highly reactive to environmental conditions, whereas samarium cobalt rare earth magnets are very corrosion resistant.
2. Samarium cobalt rare earth magnets will withstand high temperatures without demagnetizing, while care must be used when utilizing neodymium above ambient room temperatures.
3. Neodymium iron boron rare earth magnets are moderately priced and offer a good value when compared to performance. Samarium cobalt magnets are considerably more expensive due to their cobalt content.
4. Neodymium iron boron rare earth magnets are less brittle than samarium cobalt rare earth magnets and are easier to machine and integrate into magnetic assemblies. Both alloys require diamond tooling, EDM, or abrasive grinding when machining.
More information about neodymium rare earth magnets and samarium cobalt rare earth magnets can be found within each material-specific section of this website.
How to choose and buy a strong neodymium magnet? ALBMagnets is a professional company for strong magnet design and manufacturing,
providing you with reliable N35, N38, N42, N52, N42SH and other grade super neodymium magnets and SmCo rare earth magnets.