- DY04 Neodymium Magnets, 2" dia. x 1/4" thick
- B663 Neodymium Block Magnets
- DX4A Neodymium Magnets, 1 1/4" dia. x 5/8" thick
- MM-B-25 Metric Mounting Magnets
- RX054TP-N52 Plastic Coated Neodymium Magnets
- DA4-N52 Neodymium Magnets, 5/8" dia. x 1/4" thick
- DX8X4 Neodymium Magnets, 1 1/2" dia. x 1 1/4" thick
- D42E Neodymium Magnets, 1/4" dia. x 1/8" thick
- R414CLB Neodymium Magnets, 1/4"od x (1/10" x 1/21")x 1/4"
- B888-2PA-N52 Neodymium Magnets, 1/2" x 1/2"x 1/2" (- 0.127" hole) Hole parallel to magnetization direction
- Neodymium Magnets Production
- Scientists Create Ultra-Powerful Magnetic Field
- What Are The Magnets
- 5x1 N48 Magnets
- What are neodymium magnets?
- 81mm Round Magnet
- 2 Neodymium Magnets
- Neodymium Cylinder Magnets Table
- 4 Differences Between Neodymium Magnets And Samarium Cobalt Magnets
- What are Rare Earth Magnets?
How to choose permanent magnet?
1. Decide the shape and size of magnets, which can server you applications best.
2. Choose Permanent Magnet Materials
Permanent Magnet Material Comparison
Maximum Energy Products
|Nd-Fe-B(sintered)||65%||Up to 45||Up to 30||180||Fair|
|Nd-Fe-B (bonded)||50%||Up to 10||Up to 11||150||Good|
|Sm-Co (sintered)||100%||Up to 30||Up to 25||350||Difficult|
|Sm-Co (bonded)||85%||Up to 12||Up to 10||150||Fair|
|Alnico||30%||Up to 10||Up to 2||550||Difficult|
|Hard Ferrite||5%||Up to 4||Up to 3||300||Fair|
|Flexible||2%||Up to 2||Up to 3||100||Excellent|
TableNote: The data listed in the table are for reference only.
3. Choose a Grade
Selecting a grade is the next step, once you have decided which permanent magnet material is best for your application. Generally, a grade indicates the Maximum Energy Product of a magnet. For instance, Grade 32 implies the (BH)max is about 32 MGOe. A higher grade of permanent magnet has a better performance. However, higher grade is usually associated with a higher cost. Taking sintered Nd-Fe-B magnets as an example, the price of Grade 45 is twice and even more of that of Grade 33. Other property parameters, such as Br and Hci, also need to be considered in selecting a grade. One way to select the suitable grade for your application is 'trial and error'. You can purchase the several magnets with different grades (some suppliers have these magnets available on their shelves) and try each grade until you find one right for your application.
4. Submit your inquiry
After decide the magnet specification, you can submit the inquiry via Inquiry page or Custom Magnets page, we will receive your request and provide you with our price quotation. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your specifications and drawings directly.
Part of the content in this article is reproduced from other media for the purpose of transmitting more information and does not mean that this website agrees with its views or confirms the authenticity of its content. It shall not bear direct responsibility and joint liability for the infringement of such works. p>
If there is any infringement, bad information, error correction, and other issues in the content of this page, please contact us at email@example.com p>
Link to this article: https://www.albmagnets.com/blog/how-to-choose-permanent-magnet.html
How to choose and buy a strong neodymium magnet? ALBMagnets is a professional company for strong magnet design and manufacturing,
providing you with reliable N35, N38, N42, N52, N42SH and other grade super neodymium magnets and SmCo rare earth magnets.