MAGNET SAFETY WARNING
Disclaimer: ALB Materials Inc (Owner of albmagnets.com) neither assumes nor accepts any liability for damages resulting from the handling or use of magnets. With your purchase, the buyer confirms that you have read and understood the following warnings, the buyer agrees that he/she is responsible for all damages and injuries caused by the magnets, which include personal injuries , property damages and magnet damages. The buyer must agree with the terms before purchase. Pull forces we provide are estimates only and we are not responsible for any inaccuracy of magnet pull force. Please test the pull force before any usage.
1. BIG MAGNET WARNING NOTICE:
Neodymium magnets we sell are very strong. Handling them with care is necessary to prevent personal injuries, property damages and magnet damages.
Magnets the size of a 2 inch cube or larger can cause serious damage to fingers if caught between 2 magnets such as breaking bones or losing finger tips.
2. SMALL MAGNET WARNING NOTICE:
Small magnets pose a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into any part of the body. For safety purposes we include this warning to deter children from using/handling small magnets as they can be dangerous. Small magnets are considered a choking hazard that can result in death and should be treated as such. When confirming your order you the customer become fully responsible for the safety of children, animals and anyone else to come into contact with these magnets.
For more information, see the US Consumer Product Safety Commission's News Release and Magnets Information Center webpages linked below.
1. 16 CFR Part 1240 -
3. SAFETY HANDLING OF NEODYMIUM MAGNETS
Neodymium magnets are brittle; they can be broken or can splinter in a collision. One should wear gloves and protective glasses when handling these magnets, because splinters and/or spacers could disengage and fly from the magnets.
Normal Neodymium magnets will lose their magnetic properties if heated above 175°F (80° C). Higher temperature rare earth neodymium magnets are available in our company.
The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can damage items such as television, computer monitors, credit cards, bank cards, computers, diskettes and other data carriers, video tapes, mechanical watches, hearing aids, loud speakers and VCRs. Pace-makers may be damaged or switch to "Test Mode" in the presence of a strong magnetic force, if a pace-maker or other electrical body implant is in use, keep a minimum of 3 feet distance.
Children should not be allowed to handle neodymium magnets as they can be dangerous. Small magnets pose a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into any part of the body.
Under no circumstances should you try to cut, saw or drill the Neodymium magnets! Not only would the magnet break, but the resulting dust from the magnet is very flammable. Neodymium magnets should never be burned, as burning them will create toxic fumes.